ON TOP ELITE BASIC ATD
Presenting pilots; instructors and flight schools with the next level of FAA-approved aviation training devices (ATD); the On Top-ELITE Basic ATD. Users retain all the benefits of our original PCATDs as well as the obvious next step the ability to log additional time after the initial instrument rating is complete.
This means it is a loggable training device for private pilot training; initial instrument rating and for maintaining currency requirements by far the largest benefit of using a Basic ATD. The On Top-ELITE Basic ATD meets the FAA requirements* for a loggable training device for the following when flown under the supervision of a flight instructor:
- Instrument Currency: Per 14 CFR 61.57(c)(1); 6 instrument approaches; holding procedures; intercepting and tracking NAVAIDs.
- Instrument Rating Training: Per 14 CFR 61.65(e)(2) and 141.41(b); 10 hours towards the instrument rating experience requirements.
- Private Pilot Training: Per 14 CFR 61.109(k)(1); 2.5 hours towards the private pilot experience requirements.
- Proficiency Training: Per 14 CFR 141.57; any number of hours deemed appropriate by the school when conducting a special curricula dedicated to pilot proficiency.
- FAA Wing's Program: Per AC 61-91H Pilot Proficiency Program, paragraph 7 a (3); 1 hour of instrument training.
NOTE: Monitors not included.